Catch a flick at the cheap movie theater (Regency 6)
Swim in the Pacific Ocean
Walk to the end of Ventura Pier
Take in a sunset from the Father Serra Cross near the top of Grant Park above downtown Ventura
Go thrift shopping downtown
Shuck an Oyster at the Jolly Oyster (Friday, Saturday, Sunday at Ventura State Beach)
Ride the bike path to Ojai
Take a hike in Ojai in the spring (for the wildflowers) or anytime of year, summer can be a bit too hot.
Experience the Ventura County Fair in August "A county fair with ocean air"
Window shop at Great Pacific Iron Works- Patagonia's retail store and corporate HQ on Olive St.
Hike the botanical garden demonstration trail behind City Hall
Sample a local Ventura massage
Take a boat to the Channel Islands National Park
Hike Two Trees (but avoid a ticket for trespassing)
Explore Harbor Village
See the Moreton Bay Fig tree at Plaza Park on the corner of Santa Clara & Chestnut St.
- Wine tasting in the Santa Ynez Valley
- Sample Ice Cream with a silver spoon at local favorite McConell's Ice Cream shop on State St. in SB
- Visit the Monarch Butterfly Grove (Dec- Feb) in Goleta, the surrounding Ellwood Mesa is great all year
- Sample a local brew at: Figeuroa Mtn brewery, 805, Surf, or several others
- Drive PCH through Malibu- perhaps stop for overpriced seafood at popular biker hangout Neptune's Net
- Get stuck in LA traffic
- Hike Sandstone Peak in Malibu (short and longer variations, your choice)
- Eat at Cold Springs Tavern above SB off Hwy. 154
- Tour SB, don't miss the view from the top of the courthouse
- Visit the seal rookery on the Carpinteria bluffs, a short walk from Linden Ave or Exit Bailard Rd. (Jan.-April)
- Hang out in SB's funk zone for dining, drinking, art, and culture
- Check out the Danish enclave of Solvang
- Ski Mammoth
- Visit the Getty Center Museum in LA
- Check out Venice Beach and Canals
- Spend a day in LA: Restaurants, shopping, Salsa dancing, nightlife
- Visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Drive Rt. 1 through Big Sur
- Visit a CA National Park besides Channel Islands: Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Sequoia, Pinnacles
- Get down to San Diego
- Get up to San Francisco
- Go to a theme park: Disneyland, Six Flags, Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm...